Acceptable Usage Policy
- Customers are prohibited from transmitting on or through any of Internet Kent Ltd.'s services, any material that is, in Internet Kent Ltd.'s sole discretion, unlawful, obscene, threatening, abusive, libelous, or hateful, or encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any local, provincial, national or international law.
- Internet Kent Ltd.'s services may only be used for lawful purposes. Transmission, distribution, or storage of any information, data or material in violation of Canadian or provincial regulation or law, or by the common law, is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, or any other statute. Internet Kent Ltd. reserves the right to remove such illegal material from its servers.
- The customer is responsible for keeping his billing data with Internet Kent Ltd. up-to-date and accurate. Furnishing false data when ordering service is grounds for immediate termination, and may subject the offender to civil or criminal liability.
- The resale of Internet Kent Ltd. products and services is not permitted, unless specifically permitted and documented in a written agreement.
System and Network Security
- Customers may not attempt to circumvent user authentication or security of any host, network, or account ("cracking"). This includes, but is not limited to, accessing data not intended for the Customer, logging into a server or account the Customer is not expressly authorized to access, or probing the security of other networks (such as running a SATAN scan or similar tool).
- Customers may not attempt to interfere with service to any user, host, or network ("denial of service attacks"). This includes, but is not limited to, "flooding" of networks, deliberate attempts to overload a service, and attempts to "crash" a host.
- Users who violate systems or network security may incur criminal or civil liability. Internet Kent Ltd. will cooperate fully with investigations of violations of systems or network security at other sites, including cooperating with law enforcement authorities in the investigation of suspected criminal violations.
- Harassment, whether through language, frequency, or size of messages, is prohibited.
- Customers may not send email to any person who does not wish to receive it. If a recipient asks to stop receiving email, the customer must not send that person any further email.
- Customers are explicitly prohibited from sending unsolicited bulk mail messages ("junk mail" or "spam"). This includes, but is not limited to, bulk-mailing of commercial advertising, informational announcements, and political tracts. Such material may only be sent to those who have explicitly requested it.
- Customers may not forward or otherwise propagate chain letters, whether or not the recipient wishes to receive such mailings.
- Malicious email, including but not limited to "mailbombing" (flooding a user or site with very large or numerous pieces of email), is prohibited.
- Forging of header information is not permitted.
- Internet Kent Ltd. accounts or services may not be used to collect replies to messages sent from another Internet Service Provider, where those messages violate this Acceptable Use Policy or the Acceptable Use Policy of that other provider.
- These rules apply to other types of Internet-based distribution mediums as well. USENET postings have their own regulations; see below.
- Internet Kent Ltd. reserves the right to change an email account's password when the account is compromised.
- Bills will be sent via email, unless otherwise arranged.
- Payments are due within the first 10 days of the month unless otherwise arranged.
- Accounts paid after the end of the month are subject to a 10% late fee.
- Accounts not paid by the 10th day of the following month will be suspended until all bills are paid. This includes the past and previous months and the late fee.
- All costs incurred due to NSF or account closures are payable by the customer.
- Suspended accounts are subject to a $25 reactivation fee.
- Customers wishing to cancel the service may do so at anytime. If you cancel your service before the 10th of the month a full refund will be given. If you cancel your service on or after the 10th of the month you will be charged for the entire month. Cancellations will not be accepted via email or voicemail. Please call to cancel your service 1-877-363-8970 or 519-627-7114
Questions about this policy should be sent via our contact page.